The Honourable Agustín María de Mendoza y Montero de Espinosa, 6th Earl of the Court of La Berrona, was born in Zafra in March 1895.
It was in 1919 that the Earl, on the advice of his friend Macial Lalanda, took the decision to raise fighting bulls, purchasing the Dowager Marquise de Tamarón's livestock to create the Conde de la Corte stud, successor to the prestigious and influential Vistahermosa stud, with the aim of developing the three main characteristics of the fighting bull, as dictated by the bloodline: poise, ferocity and nobility.
In 1940 the Casa Palacio del Conde de la Corte became the Earl's regular residence, rapidly establishing itself as a focal point for the discussion and promotion of the bull-breeding world in the mid-19th century, a fine endeavour which would see it become a source for such leading names on today's scene as Atanasio Fernández and Juan Pedro Domecq.
In keeping with the tradition of the stud, this magnificent setting has now been refurbished; turning a cornerstone of the bullfighting world into what is also the perfect spot for relaxation, recreation and rest. We have brought up to date a building full of history, full of past and future, in the aim of offering you an agreeable destination, as open as it is exclusive: the perfect union of our wishes and yours.